The SMART policies are unique in that they are growth-oriented and they address the needs of the private sector (the business community), the diaspora, civil society, labour and the informal sector. Hence the New Zimbabwe pledge for Sustainable and Modernisation Agenda for Real Transformation (SMART) is a home grown economic blue print for a New Zimbabwe. It pursues a transformative agenda that rests on 5 pillars, namely:
- SMART Governance, Nation Building and the Consensus State
- SMART Sustainable, Shared and Inclusive Economy
- SMART Citizen Rights, Interests and Protection
- SMART Social Justice and Delivery
- SMART Reconstruction and remodelling of the country’s infrastructure.
The SMART pledge demonstrates commitment to a developmental state that will honestly deliver socio-economic transformation premised on the promotion of prosperity and equal opportunities for all Zimbabweans. This pledge will boost production, jobs, economic stabilization, confidence building and transformation.